About Davis Core & Pad Company
Davis Core & Pad Company has been supplying Expanded Polystyrene products for over forty years. Our primary customer is one who needs protection of their products during shipment. EPS is the inner packaging material of choice to protect sensitive products from drops, vibrating, moisture, heat and cold. This allows it to accommodate the requirements of a wide range of products from heavy steel parts to fragile audio disks. EPS is recyclable and more energy efficient to produce than corrugated. From the moment you decide to try EPS foam packaging, our design team will create innovative, cost saving solutions to fit your need for protection, display and weight reduction. CNC technology allows for product testing and when the design is established, we will work to see that the product is manufactured to the standards you specify and that attention to detail does not end until each delivery is precise and complete.
Our greatest asset is dependable employees who give you the very best in customer service. A close knit organization, DCP is able to respond immediately as changing customer demands unfold. In yearly satisfaction surveys, our customers give us extremely high ratings in customer service and on time delivery. YOUR satisfaction is of utmost importance in everything we do and to that end, we maintain a fleet of trucks to assure JIT delivery is available.
Davis Core and Pad has implemented a formal quality system and is certified to the ISO 9001 - 2008 standard. Our Quality System is in place to assure our customers of the quality performance that has been expected at DCP for many years. This process begins with the original inquiry for packaging design and extends to your end use of DCP products. Davis Core and Pad stands behind the products it produces. Your needs are paramount and the quality system is designed to inspect, test and evaluate our products and services in order to assure your requirements are met. Quite simply, the items you depend on are manufactured with care and are delivered at the intervals specified by your production process.
Davis Core and Pad is a family run company that values honest and ethical business practices. Our greatest asset is our talented employees who excel at personal customer service.
We work hard to:
- Provide the best solutions to the packaging needs of each customer.
- Produce quality products in a timely manner that exceed expectations.
- Our aim is to achieve, sustain, and enhance customer satisfaction by continually improving our products and service.
The Production Process
Our production process begins with small plastic beads that are expanded by steam to the required density and then fused together with steam in aluminum molds within large hydraulic presses. Our packaging process utilizes vacuum molding technology. EPS raw material is supplied within the US in the form of tiny polystyrene pellets. EPS beads are loaded with a blowing agent, usually pentane, and other chemical agents and additives that give the pellets expansion vibrancy and allow them to be processed and molded into low-density foam articles.
The shock absorbing properties and other qualities of EPS foam, combined with its low-cost, high insulating properties, custom mold-ability and ease of processing make it a popular packaging material. Our engineering staff uses state of the art programs and CNC technology to design and produce cost effective and highly functional packaging for our customers. We are able to provide accurate prototype samples to satisfy the need for testing and product development ideas.
These qualities make this product most outstanding for packaging and protecting valuable shipments
- Terrific insulation abilities
- Good first drop cushioning performance
- More energy efficient than corrugated paper
- Resistance to moisture
- May be molded to the exact packaging requirements of cushion, strength, and dimension
- Cost effective due to less weight and easier handling
Insulated Shipping Containers
Safely ship everything from food to medical supplies. These EPS foam boxes provide excellent thermal insulation and are lightweight and sturdy. They may be ordered with an available 200# test corrugated shipping carton to fit. They may also be used with Davis Core and Pad KolBoy gel-paks for additional cooling. These containers provide reduced package assembly time and are reusable and recyclable.
Our products may be customized with silk screen designs or labels
Insulation and architectural details
Expanded Polystyrene is a lightweight yet strong material that gives architects, designers and builders the freedom and confidence to turn their visions into reality. A range of EPS densities provide energy efficiency, structural integrity, and cost effectiveness. EPS roof insulation is reliable, cost-effective and compatible with major roofing materials and systems, Expanded polystyrene (EPS) foam is a closed-cell insulation that is manufactured by "expanding" a polystyrene polymer; the appearance is typically a white foam plastic insulation material (the likes of which can be found as merchandise packaging).
Field studies of EPS roof installations that are 20 to 25 years old and older show that EPS roofing insulation performs well in roof applications. EPS roof insulation has no thermal drift and does not use toxic blowing agents that diffuse out of the insulation
- Improves interior comfort and reduces high energy costs of keeping a building comfortable
- Stable R-value: no thermal drift like XPS or ISO
- Unlimited fabrication available:
- Variety of density, thickness, and size
- Optimum design flexibility for the architect and saves the roofer/applicator time and labor
- Quick production time with a lightweight and easy-to-handle product will simplify your operations and reduce labor costs
- Cost effective
- EPS is unaffected by moisture. Exposure to water, or water vapor, does not cause swelling
- EPS withstands the rigors of temperature cycling, assuring long-term performance
- EPS will not support mold or mildew growth
- Contains no CFC, HCFC, or HFC blowing agents
- EPS is inert and stable and does not produce methane gas or contaminating leachates in the landfill
- EPS roof insulation is recyclable and environmentally friendly
- EPS is sustainable
Back to Top